Two weeks of glorious tennis action gets underway Monday morning at the US Open, and we’ve got all the betting angles covered.
We already broke down all the best futures bets for the Open, including the top option on the men’s side outside of the Big Three of Nadal, Federer, and Djokovic.
Now, we dive into Round One and 16 of the highest-value bets on the board.
For more in depth analysis, myself and Cort Smith go over every one of the wagers in this must-listen video and/or podcast posted below.
Round 1 – The Men
Juan Marin Del Potro vs Donald Young
The pick: Under 19.5 games (-120).
- Del Potro has won 21 Round 1 matches in straight sets, and only one of those has gone over 19.5 games.
Frances Tiafoe vs Adrian Mannarino
The pick: Tiafoe Money Line (ML). (-180)
- It’s not a great price, but Tiafoe is in good form and has the home crowd on his side.
Alex de Minaur vs Taro Daniel
The pick: De Minaur -4.0 games. (-115)
Gilles Simon vs Llyod Harris
The pick: Under 38.5 games. (-115)
- Simon’s health is a question mark. Either way, this doesn’t smell like a dog fight. Harris’ matches have gone straight sets in 18 of his last 19 outings.
Sam Querrey vs Andreas Seppi
The pick: Querrey -2.5 sets. (+176)
- Querrey has won his last five Round 1 Grand Slam matchups in straight sets, and he’s done it against quality opponents (Tiafoe, F Lopez, and Simon).
Lukas Lacko vs Vasek Pospisil
The pick: Lacko ML (+105)
- Pospisil is just 2-10 on hard court this year, and 1-9 in his last 10 Round 1 Grand Slam matches.
Filip Krajinovic vs Matthew Ebden
The pick: Krajinovic -2.5 games
Noah Rubin vs Mikhail Kukushkin
The pick: Rubin -1.0 games. (-107)
- Rubin is on the rise and has a recent win over John Isner, while Kukushkin is 2-7 on hard court since last year’s US Open.
Andrey Rublev vs Jeremy Chardy
The pick: Rublev -2.5 games. (-115)
- Rublev is 4-0 vs Chardy head to head and hasn’t dropped a single set in those matches. Rublev is another young player on this rise, while Chardy’s performance has been poor in recent Grand Slams.
Round 1 – The Women
Eugenie Bouchard vs Harmony Tan
The pick: Bouchard -7.0 games. (-130)
- Bouchard was red hot in qualifying, while Tan has been grinding in the ITF.
Natalia Vikylyantseva vs Vania King
The pick: Vikylyantseva -4.5 games. (-115)
Caroline Dolehide vs Carina Witthoeft
The pick: Dolehide -3.5 games. (-110)
- I like betting young players with recent momentum, and that’s Dolehide.
Claire Liu vs Polona Hercog
The pick: -1.0 games. (-115)
- Hercog has lost in straight sets in Round 1 in five of her last six Grand Slams. Liu is another young player on the ascent.
Kiki Bertens vs Kristyna Pliskova
The pick: Betrens -4.5 games. (-124)
Carla Suarez Navaro vs Nicole Gibbs
The pick: Suarez Navaro -4.5 games (-115)
- Suarez Navaro has won 11 straight matches in Round 1 of Grand Slams, and seven of those eight have been in straight sets.
Aryna Sabalenka vs Danielle Rose Collins
The pick: Sabalenka is on fire right now, while Collins has lost her last two matches 6-0, 6-3 and 6-0, 6-2.
Check in with us throughout the tournament for more tennis betting content.