The NBA is in full swing and Tuesday's slate is jam-packed with exciting matchups.
Milwaukee versus Toronto is the first nationally televised game tonight, with the Pelicans and Lakers following suit.
We'll take a look at three players believed to have an edge and favorable matchup in tonight's action. The three underrated assets we'll look at tonight are Zion Williamson, Domantas Sabonis, and Kyle Lowry.
If you’re looking for even more of the best NBA prop plays, we release tons of picks every night in our premium Slack chat community. Join us here to unlock all our premium NBA content and access our wildly +EV community chat.
I love these three spots tonight, so if you'd like to unlock the article without buying a full subscription, get a Day Pass here for just $9.
Let's jump in.
Best NBA Prop Plays for Tuesday (2/24)
Pelicans Forward Zion Williamson
Under 32.5 PRA (-112 @ FanDuel)
Williamson has scored 20 or more points in his last eight games for the Pelicans and led the team in scoring in five of those games. However, the number one overall pick is averaging 6.6 rebounds and 2.6 assists per game during that eight-game stretch.
He's come out of the All-Star break with 25 points, 4 rebounds, and 3 assists hitting his under 33.5 total versus the Trailblazers, and 28 points. 7 rebounds, and 2 assists to hit his over 33.5 versus Golden State. It goes without saying the Lakers are a much better defensive team than both of them, but they atop of the league when it comes to stopping power forwards thanks to LeBron James and Anthony Davis.
Los Angeles is second in the league holding power forwards to 9.63 rebounds, fourth in assists (3.04), and 10th in points (21.39) per game. The Lakers rank fifth in defensive net rating (106.1) and rank top seven as a team against points, rebounds, and assists suffocating opponents.
- Zion has scored 20 points or more on seven of eight Western Conference opponents.
- Zion hasn't recorded more than 3 assists in a road game all season.
- Zion has averaged 25.2 points, 7.8 rebounds, and 3.0 assists in February (seven games).
- Zion has grabbed a season-low four rebounds in two of his last three road games.
- The Lakers allow their opponents to grab 41.8 rebounds per game which is the best in the NBA, and 38.8 over the last 10 games overall.
- The Lakers are ranked fifth against assists with 22.3 over their last 10 home games.
Zion has attempted 17 shots or more in four-straight games, and expect that to continue, but also his rebounds and assists totals to be impacted as well.